Monday, March 26, 2012

Double Digit Addition Fun with Freebies!


Learning double digit addition with regrouping is tough for many first graders. I try to teach it in varied methods to hopefully reach all of my students. After doing the usual manipulatives and demonstrations, I made this fun anchor chart to help us remember the steps.
(you can download it below by clicking on the bulletin board.)

Then we made our own plus sign graphic organizers to help us remember (Thank you Pinterest!). We used the graphic organizers for great informative writing! They did a fantabulous job!

I also made a fun practice sheet "Double Digit Dominoes" that works great in my STEM center. The kids pick the dominoes, add them up. Then for fun they line them up and knock them over when they finish the sheet. (This even helps us with "How Things Move")

Freebie!

The Double Digit Addition Anchor Chart, Addition Journal Paper and Double Digit Dominoes!


Hope you enjoy it! Please let me know if you do and consider following me!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...