Saturday, August 3, 2013

Currently August

I can't believe it is already August!  I was hoping to link up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade's Currently on the 1st of the month, but I'm a few days behind.  (For good reason though, more to come!)

To explain a little more...

I am listening to my daughters argue... This is happening more and more lately.  Too much quality time together!  This always happens at the end of the summer.  I think it is the Lord's way of making me be ready to trade my 2 kids everyday for 18 firsties!

I am loving how productive and creative I have been the past few days and very late nights.  I have made so many things, just haven't blogged too much.  Everything I have been making is for my classroom, but I figure I should share too!

The item I just finished solves two of my problems!  I have been looking for a new sight word wall.  I really wanted posters with all of the words already on them.  I figure many kids will already know these words and others won't.  Students will probably learn these words faster than I will introduce them with the new series.  I also really don't want to give up prime space for this word wall.  My students will have personal word walls too.  I really want to add a few subject/vocabulary specific word walls too.  I was also trying to figure out some sort of window treatment to go with my new Lego theme.  I couldn't find material I really loved for a valence.  This is also some what wasted space.  So I decided I could solve both problems with a Word Wall Banner/ Window Treatment.  I made it to be printed in black ink on any colored paper.  You can get it here at my TpT store for $4.

I am in Florida and it is Tax Free Weekend for back to school.  I have decided I don't think fighting the crowds is really worth saving the 7%.

I am wanting what everyone wants!  A few more weeks of summer break.  (Although my bank account is ready for a pay check!)

I am REALLY needing to get into my classroom to start setting up.  We have not been able to get in all summer.  My room currently sits full of boxes!!!!!!  The stress, the nightmares, the panic attacks.  I can get in Monday to start.  I will probably be living up there starting Monday!

Now for my BTS must haves!  (Although shopping for 2 tweens and my class fo BTS, my needs also go to the back burner.)  First, I need a few new clothes, I was hoping to lose weight this summer, and it didn't happen :o(  A MUST is hair color!  I am going in next week for my BTS haircut and color.  I have let it go all summer.  My last must have and treat will be a new lanyard.  I haven't found it yet, but will let you know when I do!


3 comments:

  1. Hello! It's my state's tax free weekend too and I agree the crowds aren't worth the tax break. Good luck with getting back and setting up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on this month's "Currently." Haha - I'm also in the market for a new lanyard and have been trying to decide what I want on it. Too funny that someone else is looking for the right one, too!
    It's sales tax weekend in Illinois also, and I'm bummed that Office Max and Staples aren't holding their "Teacher Appreciation Days" this weekend - in the past the two have coincided, and it's just so much easier when you don't have to keep flashing your tax letter around.
    Hope you have a great start to your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder! I need to call my hair lady and get my roots touched up stat!

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader….

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...