Friday, May 4, 2012

Author Visit Via Skype


We started the morning with an author's visit via Skype. Mandi Tillotson Williams, who has written and illustrated several fabulous children's stories, read a book to our class and answered questions from the students. She also described the process of writing and illustrating her books.
Her books are available on Amazon as a Paperback and/or ebook. They are written in rhyme and have wonderful lessons. My favorite is Henrietta Hexagon and the Triangles.

It is a touching story about Henrietta who feels like she doesn't belong because she is different. She later realizes being different makes her special. In addition to the many literature lessons taught, there are some great math tie-ins as well. To find out more about Mandi visit her web site at http://www.manditillotsonwilliams.com I am working on several activities to go along with this book and will share when I have them finished.

I plan to be busy posting and working this weekend , so look for more information soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa!
    Your blog is so pretty! I love it! So I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Stop over at my blog and check it out!
    Ann
    The Caffeinated Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a wonderful experience for your students to interact with her through technology. I love that idea! I just found your blog and I think your layout is just too cute. I'm your newest follower :)
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...