Monday, May 21, 2012

I have surfaced! (Manic Monday Freebie Too!)


It is May and I feel like I am drowning! So much to do with work and family. I have somehow managed to make it to the surface, although barely...

I was doing so well with keeping up my blog, and I fell off the wagon, I'm back on. We have done so many amazing things in class, I will have plenty to share in the upcoming days.

Today I had an amazing moment! While working in our Super Six (Daily 5 + STEM), two of my students came up to me while working in Buddy Reading to share what they were doing. Today I had a Frog and Toad readers theater for students to read. They told me they stopped halfway through the script and made a prediction based on their schemas and clues from the story of what is going to happen. Then 2 minutes later they came back so excited that they were right! I was thrilled!!! They really are getting it and using the strategies on there own. Love Love Love the Super Six!

As we are wrapping up the school year, we are writing about what we thought was cool! I have a great writing graphic organizer in the shape of a popsicle. Students write down 4 things they thought were "cool" this year. Then using the graphic organizer, write a "sweet" expository about the school year. Click on the picture below to download it for free! Gotta love Manic Mondays at Classroom Freebies!



Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful blog design. I love the bright colors. Thanks for the freebie!
    -Susan
    3rd Grade Grapevine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...