Thursday, September 27, 2012

Clifford Character Traits and Super Easy Pumpkin Muffins!

This week Clifford celebrated his 50th Birthday this week!  I love teaching with these books.  The stories are great and the lessons are BIG!  We read many Clifford stories this week, and I really mean "we"!  The kids love reading these stories and are so proud of themselves to read a "real" book.

I taught Character Traits this week with our good friend Clifford.  I love how my anchor chart turned out.  A funny story and bonus lesson: When making it, I was drawing Clifford with one of my favorite Mr. Sketch smelly markers and I messed up twice.  After throwing away those charts, I went to the trust erasable pencil!  So my class learned the bonus lesson of draw lightly with pencil first and then draw over it with markers.  In addition to the bonus art lesson, my kids really got Character Traits!


I have a great idea for an at-home "Character Traits" related book report for October.  Check back on Monday and grab the fabulous FREEBIE!


On a totally non schools related topic, I made my favorite chocolate pumpkin muffins tonight.  The are super simple, healthy and tasty!  Combine one can of pumpkin and a Devil's Food cake mix (Spice Cake is good too).  Mix just the two ingredients together, put in muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  They are amazing and even I can make them :o)

Have a Fabulous Friday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...