Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1st Already??

Where did June go?  I can't believe how fast the summertime is flying by.  I am linking up with Farley's Currently.  This is one of my favorite linky parties.  I can get lost in blogland forever just clicking on the great blogs and bloggers that link up.  Right now there are over 350 blogs linked up.  Definitively a place to discover new and new-to-you blogs.

I am and have been listening to my daughters (12 and 9 years old) argue with one another all summer long!  I promise my Mom wished this on me when I was 12 and my sister was 9.  "I hope she has daughters just like ...".   I really do love my children and 90% of the time they are perfect, but that 10% boy oh boy!  Then to think I am staying in a hotel room with them for 5 days starting tomorrow...  I am sure in about 6 more weeks I will be ready to trade my 2 kids for 18 smiling firsties!

I am really LOVING that I don't have anywhere to be today.  Those of you who know me, know how rare this really is.  With 2 girls active in different sports and activities I often feel like I am stretched super thin.  But today nothing!!!!  Yay!

I am still trying to think where did June go and why aren't the items on my to-do list for June done?  I really wish we could add a 13th month to the year right before or after July, maybe Jugust??

I know it sounds crazy, but I really wish I could get in my classroom to work just a little.  If I could work like half a day, once a week maybe I wouldn't have to live there the week before school starts.  Especially this year with moving classrooms, what a mess!  Unfortunately we don't have access to our rooms :o(

I am in serious need of motivation to diet and exercise.  I really need to just add myself to my to-do list, I'm not even on the list.  Perhaps I should make some new list and put "ME" permanently at the number one spot!  (Look for this freebie soon!  I will share because I am sure I'm not the only one.)

As for tips, tricks or hints that is hard to narrow down.  I am starting my lesson plans for next year.  I love using Excel to do them in.  This way I have all of my plans in one file and can easily click from week to week using the tabs.  What program do you use to plan with??

6 comments:

  1. I typically plan in a word document. I may have to check excel out!
    Laura
    Enchanting Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found new friends to follow through this month's Currently!

    My 12 hr-old son and 14 yr-old daughter have suddenly become great friends! They flew out to LA, to see family, together (without us!) and this created a new partnership. They also were baptized together on Father's Day! Most summers, they are bickering back and forth, along with the older brothers. I'm grateful for the sweetness. :-)
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the colors of your blog...so bright and cheery! Are you telling me my boys aren't going to be best friends for years...LOL! They are only 5 and 16 months and they already pick at each other!!! I am moving room this year too and I am trying not to think about all of the work with it! Enjoy your summer!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa,
    Found you through the Currently link up. I'm also finding it hard to motivate to diet and exercise. Vacation just doesn't seem like the right time :)
    Hope you have a great vacation and your girls don't argue too much.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog through Farley's currently -- I love it! I'm a new follower. No kids here, but I listen to my puppies "argue" (play fight) all day long! ;)

    Thanks for the tip on Excel! I'm awful with Excel, but I'd like to get better at using it!

    Samantha
    Mrs. Kelly’s Klass

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you sound crazy - I am also dying to hit the classroom to get things going for the fall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...