Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Helpful Hints on Hump Day

Guess what day it is?  It's HUMP day!  I am also excited fo the second week of my new weekly link up "Helpful Hints on Hump Day!"


Now for my helpful hint...

I do a quick informal assessment of my kids every time we leave the room!  I ask them a question as we line-up or walk out the door.

Sometimes I will ask them information about a topic we just covered to gauge understanding.  It may be generating rhyming words, phoneme deletion or what does a scientist do.

Other times I use flash cards as their way out the door.  They have to answer an addition fact or read one or two high-frequency words.  If they can't do it, they go to the end of the line and then get to try again.  (I find this helps encourage them to practice at home too!)

Today I found another fun way!  I have the app Math Bingo on my iPad.  It ask the students an addition or subtraction problem (even multiplication or division) and they pick their answer on the bingo board.  I held the iPad and they read the question making their choice.  They loved it!  If you only have one iPad, this is a great way to give everyone the chance to interact with it.  I plan to try the Sight Word Bingo with them tomorrow.

I can't wait to see the other helpful hints from those that link up!

Link up an join in the fun! Share a helpful hint that has worked for you and let others learn from your success!  Here are the rules so please play along the right way:

1.  Each Wednesday I will have a post with a linky at the bottom for you to link your helpful hint for all the world to see!  It will be open for 1 day only each week.
2.  Please include the "Helpful Hints on Hump Day" graphic in your post and link back to this post.
3.  Your link must be to a blog post. NO STORE LINKS PLEASE!
4.  If you don't have a blog but would like to share a helpful hint, please do so in the comments!
5.  Please visit at least 2 blogs If you find it helpful, please be sure to let them know!  Leave a comment or follow them!  We will share the love, meet some new friends in the process, and learn something new!  Happy Hump Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...