Monday, November 18, 2013

Turkey Time - It's a Fact

Thanksgiving is quickly approaching!  I have been doing a few fun things in the classroom!  With so many things to teach and so little time, I have a hard time fitting fun crafts in!  I generally won't do a craft unless I can tie a lesson to it too!

Check out these fun Fact Family Turkeys my little turkeys just made.  We are working hard on understanding the ins and outs of fact families.

Each student made a different fact family on their turkey body and wings.  Then we did the addition feathers and followed with the subtraction feathers.  Finally we assembled our turkeys.  I loved them.  I traced some of the parts on construction paper and printed some parts on colored paper.

I'm sure these are easy enough for you to make your self, but if you want to save some time I have uploaded the patterns and directions to my TpT store.  Click here and grab it for $2.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, here is a First Thanksgiving KWL I used last year and am using again this week.  Click here to grab it if you like.

Don't forget to stop by and check out Classroom Freebies Manic Monday!


Classroom freebies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...