Monday, January 27, 2014

A Manic Monday with New Things!

Whew, I am glad the school day is done!  The kiddos were crazy today for some reason, but I still had several things go really well and I wanted to share.  I also have a timely Manic Monday freebie to share!

More Wonders....
We use the Wonders reading series.  So far I am liking it and enjoying making it my own.  I have a few things I have made to go along with it (you can get them at my TpT store).  I am currently finishing up the More Wonders set for Unit 4.

I have tried using the presentation they have for you in the series and find it rather time consuming.  I have been using a quick PowerPoint/Keynote as a daily review with the kids.  I start off with our promise.  We review our high frequency words for the week by chanting all of the words.  One day we will also practice using them in sentences.  We cheer our spelling words each day.  I also try to find fun YouTube clips that go with our phonics skills.  I also have a quick slide to review grammar and the Oral Vocabulary.

When I do all of this in PowerPoint or Keynote the file becomes so large it is hard to share.  This week I made it in Prezi and thought I would share it with anyone.  This week I am on Unit 4, Week 1.  Please let me know if you use it or like it and I will continue to share it (FREE of course!)  Click here for the link to it.



Show What You Know with Puppet Pals2...
I think I have blogged earlier about how my class will use Puppet Pals2 on the iPad to make a quick movie to illustrate what they have learned.  Last week we learned all about Martin Luther King Jr..  So today the kids had to use Puppet Pals2 and select the Martin Luther King puppet and tell about him in first person.  They turned out so cute.  I will share a few as soon as I figure out the easiest way to share them.

And a Freebie!
Groundhog's Day is coming up so I thought I would share a Groundhog's Day freebie with you for Manic Monday!  It is a cute class book you can make with your class.  Click here to grab it free!

Don't forget to check out Manic Monday at Classroom Freebies for more great finds!


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun freebie, thank you! I almost forgot about the upcoming Groundhog's Day!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! can't believe that we have to do GHD this week!! thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog I teach 1st graders. I love your Prezi. I've seen a few before but have not idea how to make them. I may be moving to another grade next year & this would be awesome. Wondering if you can help me out how to do them? Thanks for sharing, Jackie
    jmcmanam@w-sioux.k12.ia.us

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...