Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Five

Happy Friday!  (Yes, I lead such an exciting life that I am blogging at 10 p.m. on a Friday night!)  Tonight I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday.  I haven't linked up in a while and just wanted to share.  I also have a Celebrating 100 Days freebie for you!  So let's get on with it!



Brick Builders is a club I started at school this year and I love it!  I was lucky enough to get a grant to purchase A LOT of Legos!  The club meets twice a month for an hour before school.  The club is free for students and open to boys and girls K-6.  I have about 60-70 students who get up extra early to come build with me. Each meeting I give the students a building challenge.  www.lego.com has so many great videos and several challenges.   What they come up with amazes me.  They are really little Lego Engineers!

I just designed the logo above for our shirts and I can't wait to get them in!


This weekend is the big sale, I mean big game!  I have to say I enjoy the Super Bowl party, commercials and snacks.  I am also looking forward to the sale at Teachers Notebook.  They are even updating the site a little tonight making even better.  I am marking my store 50% off for the 2 days!  So please stop by and see if there is anything you need.  I hope to add a few almost done items over the weekend too.

Teachers Pay Teachers isn't doing a Super Bowl Sale this year.  We will have to wait and see if they something else up their sleeves.
 I am addicted to another show.  So if you are looking to get sucked in to a show and do absolutely nothing and binge on a series... Try Heartland!  This is a Canadian series, but you can watch seasons 1-4 on Netflix.  Then I was dying to watch seasons 5-6 so I rush ordered them on DVD.  Yes I know it is crazy!  They are currently showing season 7 in Canada, but we can't get it in the states.  Up TV has started showing it but is a few seasons behind.  I have been trying to find what I can on you tube.
 My 12 year old daughter just showed me the silliest thing ever!  She turned her mouth into a speaker for her iPod.  How, you ask???  She took her ear buds and put them in her nose and opened her mouth.  This amplified the sound.  She definitely made me laugh, so next time you need a party trick, give it a try.  Or turn it in to a science lesson!  (OK, I know several of you are going to give this a try this weekend, or at least get your child to try it.)
Hip Hip Hooray the 100th Day is finished!  We had a very fun, but crazy day!  My class has had indoor recess for the last three days because of the weather.  Then add a birthday celebration with full size chocolate iced doughnuts to the mix.  It was crazy but, fun.  I had a fun 100th day activity at each of my Super 6 Centers (they were all educational too, but I don't think they realized it!)  The kids were having so much fun, that when a mom came to pick her daughters up 30 minutes early, they started crying because they didn't want to leave.  Here is the writing activity I had for my kids to do today and share with the class.  I copied it two-sided and folded it in half to make a little book.  Click here to grab it free!




Freebie Fridays



4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of having a Lego club. I might have to explore that at my school. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the 100th day freebie! We are still ten school days away from our 100th day so this resource helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to learn more about your Brick Builder club. I think this would be something awesome I would like to try here at our school. Jackie jmcmanam@w-sioux.k12.ia,us

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...