Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!  We started back Monday, January 6th and so far so good.  I am enjoying actually teaching about weather and Winter when it is actually cold in Florida for a change.  Although you have to love Florida weather.  Today it was 29 degrees this morning and by Saturday it will be above 80!  The beach, my chair, peace and quiet with a good book is in my future!

The next two weeks are the end of the 2nd quarter for us.  In first grade and even more so in Kindergarten means individual student assessments.  Then add FAIR testing for more individual testing!  I always struggle with how to fit this in and get it done!  Sometimes I feel it would be worth it to me to use a personal day off, get a sub and come in and test....  I try to do what I can during centers, but some test require it to be more quiet.  I have tried the taking 2 classes while the other teacher tests.  This works OK but then I loose a lot of valuable teaching time.

So today I want to know how do you do it???  I look forward to seeing your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...