Saturday, October 20, 2012

I Love Spookley!

I love teaching with Spookley the square pumpkin.  This is a great book with an unbelievable message. Today I found fabulous free resources on Pacer's National Bullying Prevention Center.  When you register you will have access to the Spookley play script, can view the animated movie free online and access to several multi-subject lesson plans and printables.

In addition to the bullying lessons taught with this book, I teach more about character traits, story sequencing, fiction vs. non-fiction, the plant life cycle, shapes.... the lis goes on and on. (OK as I am typing this my mind is filling with ideas for an activity pack I am ready to start work on, I see a late work night in my future! Check back soon.)

Here is a cute graphic organizer to use when writing about pumpkins.  I know many people use the can, have, are graphic organizers.  It makes more sense to me and my kiddos with some topics to use are, can, have.  So click here to grab this writing organizer and paper.


4 comments:

  1. I can't get it to open - goes to the TPT page, then when I click on it, it keeps opening an error page. ?

    Are there any issues with TPT this am?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried to download and TpT says "this page doesn't exist."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will fix it when I get home. Sorry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...