Sunday, October 7, 2012

Owls Writing Graphic Organizer Freebie!

My class loves learning about all about animals!  We all know it is easier to get students to write about things they are interested in.  I find I get some of my best writing from students writing about animals.

Fall is here and we are focusing on Fall animals.  This past week we learned all about owls.  (I have to admit I love learning interesting facts about these animals just as much as the kids do!)  I love involving the kids in the process of finding the information.  We start the unit of study with the KW of a KWL chart.  Then we brainstorm together what we want to learn and how we can find out more information.  After researching and learning we sum up what we have learned by completing an are-can-have graphic organizer.  We are in the beginning stages of taking their now organized thoughts and turning it into a well written paragraph with an introduction, supporting details and conclusion.

Download this graphic organizer and writing paper here FREE from my TpT store.

I am also excited and proud for this to be my first featured product on Classroom Freebies Too!

Classroom Freebies Too

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute! We just finished learning about bats so I know my kiddos will love learning about owls!!

    PS I am your newest follower!! I found you on classroom freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I hope this will help with sentence construction.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...