Monday, October 15, 2012

Reading Goals and a FREEBIE

In 1st grade it is hard to set reading goals when students have such a wide spectrum of reading abilities. I have non-readers to chapter book readers in my class.  Many students are ready to take Reading Counts Comprehension Tests online and several will not be there for a while.  I really have to personalize every child's goal.  I like to do this during a reading conference with the child.  Some students have a "minutes read" goal, others a "Reading Counts point" goal and some have a "number of books read" goal.

Setting the differentiated goals is not the problem, tracking them was the problem.  So my mind got to working and this is what I came up with!  A November Personalized Reading Goals & Reading Log packet.  You can get it here for free.  Let me know what you think.  I can't wait to try it out (although I can't believe I am planning for November already...)




What do you do to encourage your students to read more?  How do you handle varying abilities? 

1 comment:

  1. Teresa-

    Thanks for sharing this freebie... it's great!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...