Monday, February 10, 2014

President's Day

February is such a short month, but they cram so many topics into it!  Groundhogs Day, President's Day, 100th Day, Valentine's Day, Month of Kindness, Dental Health Month and Black History Month!    That is so much to fit in!  Don't forget there is also all of the normal stuff to cover as well.

President's Day has always been one of my favorite topics to teach.  George Washington and Abraham Lincoln are both very interesting men to cover and the students love learning about them.  I usually get such great writing pieces.

Here are the two writing packets I use.  They contain a great writing organizer to help students plan.  Click on the picture to get each packet.



I also found amazing directed drawing directions from Kindergarten Planet for Lincoln and Washington in this weekends TpT newsletter.  Here is the link.


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness... thanks for the great freebies! I also love the directed drawing activities.
    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...