Friday, April 11, 2014

Five for Friday and a Freebie

Happy Friday!!!  I am linking up for Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday.

Check out my newest addition to my Lego classroom!!!

I am so excited!  The dad of one of my students works at our movie theater.  I know it is big, but it is so much fun.  My plan is to use it to display "awesome" student work.  I need to cover the bottom and add clips for students to display their work.
 
Target Dollar Spot finds!  I am planning for S.T.E.M. week at our school.   We are going to start with these pull back race cars to help us understand force and motion with equal and opposite reaction play.  
 
Then I found these fun balloon rockets.  I can't wait to see the students exploring and learning with these.  They will have so much fun outside with balloon rocket races.
 
Then I am going to put these two things together and make balloon powered Lego cars.
I was able to candle my little eggs this week and happy to see little ducks growing in many of the eggs.  Every year seeing this amazes me.
By the way did you know the overhead projector works great for candling eggs?  It is the only time I use one all year!
 We have beautiful weather forcasted all weekend!  This is where you will find me come Sunday!  I will work tomorrow to play the next day.  Love living in Florida!


Now a Freebie for you.  Drawing conclusions is a tough skill for firsties to grasp.  This is a graphic organizer I made and it really helps students understand to look for clues while we are reading.  Doing this and drawing conclusions will help us understand what we read.  Click here to grab it free!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69179605/drawing%20conclusions.pdf

Looking for more freebies, check out Teaching Blog Addict's Friday Freebie.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up at TBA, please come back tomorrow, you are my Featured Blogger!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I didn't click on your FREEBIE link when I wrote last night's TBA Freebie Friday...it is not going to the freebie and I'm getting all sorts of emails and Facebook comments. I am sorry to bother you, but could you help me get them the correct link?
    Thanks, Fern
    FernleySmith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Everyone, I am sooo sorry for the error, it is all fixed now. Thank you for stopping by. Also a HUGE thank you to Fern Smith and Teaching Blog Addict for hosting this fabulous Friday Freebie link up. I was so excited to be picked to be featured. (Also embarrassed to have screwed it up... but all fixed now!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, thank you so much, this is really a great, engaging resource!!
      Thank you,
      Fern

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...