Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Evening awaiting Monday!

Well I am beginning my Sunday evening routine of finishing up a few things for the week ahead.  I make a keynote (mac's version of Powerpoint) for the skills of the week.  I include the words of the week, grammar skill, phonics skill, include great review videos from YouTube and link to the online versions of our textbook.  They are my plans for the week and really useful because it benefits the kids and me; I just wish I could use these as my "official plans".

One thing that worked great last week in the Super 6 (Daily 5 + STEM) was one of the Buddy Reading activities.  I had a non-fiction book about plants and their life cycle and the kids read it together and noted interesting facts on post-its.  Then posted them on a parking lot.  The kids loved it!  They were really diving into the book.  They read the facts the other students had found and tried hard to find new facts to post.  I can't wait to do it again next week.



I am so excited about tomorrow for two reasons!  First, my ducks should starting hatching.  I really hope they do, I am always nervous when doing this project with the class.  Ducks are a little harder to hatch than chicks, but will be sooooo cute!

The other reason I am excited is because tomorrow Classroom Freebies is having a linky party of all kinds of FREE stuff!  I am working on something new to "linky" with and hopefully will get a few new followers.  I am also excited to see all the great new freebies from many other bloggers!  Check it out tomorrow at http://classroomfreebies.com !



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog! I am your newest follower! Stop by and visit me...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, baby ducklings! Be sure and share pictures! =)

    The parking lot activity is great too!

    I am excited to see your *freebie*. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...