Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Digital Media Awards

Woo Hoo!  I just got back from a fabulous event our county holds every year.  It is a "Grammy's" type award show for digital media created by collaborative groups of kids in out county.  Each school selects their best projects in the various categories, the the county narrows it down to the top 3 in each category.  Every year it amazes me to see what the kids can do!

One of my class projects that won tonight is this digital flip book.  The kids wrote original word family poems and illustrated them on iPads.  Then we recorded them reading them using Quicktime.  This was so easy to make on flipsnack.  The text and illustrations were saved as a PDF and then uploaded to flipsnack.  Check out the finished project here!



Each of the 4 girls who created this project received a bog of S.W.A.G. including a t-shirt.  They also received a beautiful glass award.

I had another group make it to the top three finalist for a movie about hatching the ducks.  Unfortunately, their project didn't win (although I think it was the best!)

My oldest daughter, had a movie project make it to the finals.  It was a video diary and scavenger hunt of their field trip to the Kennedy Space Center.  The things she can do amaze me more and more every day!  Their project won!

They also select a Digital Media Award Teacher of the Year.  The teachers who have finalist projects are eligible for this.  The winner gets $2,000 DMA Dollars to spend on technology for their classroom.  I was shocked and honored to win this award this year!  Woo Hoo I can not wait to figure out what to get for my kiddos next year!  If you had $2,000 for technology in your classroom, what would you buy?

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Congratulations! Not sure what I would buy, but how fun for you to have to figure that out!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your students are going to be thrilled! Happy shopping :)

    Danielle
    Apples, Ink and Mischief

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...