Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Today's Ahh Ha Moment!

Hi everyone, I have just a quick post to share my ahh ha moment today!

Our county Technology Department does a Digital Media Awards for students K-12 every year.  Students can submit projects done in class throughout the year for this Oscar's type awards show.  We were finishing up one of my student's group projects and adding the video/audio recording.  I frequently have the students record themselves reading on the mac.  Normally they have the book or paper they are reading from in front of them or I hold it up above the computer.  Then the video is normally of them looking at the paper while they read.  Today I had time crunch and couldn't print the student poems they were reading.  I had them typed on my computer already, so I decided they could just read them off my computer screen.  I opened Quicktime Video Recorder and shrunk the window so the student could see it and the poem on my screen.  So now the student was looking straight ahead at the screen (and camera) while reading.  It worked fantastic!!!!  I know this isn't a major discovery for some, but wow I love it!  I can't wait for the new reading series next year with the books on the computer, I can have the students record themselves reading in a center.  Great fluency practice with real accountability!  

On another note, I hope you are having a wonderful Teacher Appreciation Week!  Huge sales at TpT and TN today and tomorrow.  I also want to let you know about a big blog hop taking place Friday!  You don't want to miss it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...