Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Five and Freebie!


1.  My Little Duck Eggs

Today was day 25 for my little duck eggs and it was the last day I was supposed to turn them.  This morning my daughter went to turn them and says “Mom, they have cracks!”  I responded, “did you drop them?”  She said, “No and I hear them peeping!” They should have started hatching possibly Sunday but most likely Monday and Tuesday.  Well apparently, the eggs did not get the memo!  As much as I was excited, I was bumbed too because the students won’t be there.  I am streaming live with the “egg cam” on the class blog.  If you would like to check it out, click here.

2.  Do UStream

Speaking of streaming the eggs hatching live, UStream makes it all possible!  This is a great site and FREE!  The one downfall is the ads.  A few of them are not really appropriate for school.  You can pay for a membership and not have the ads.  I tried finding another site, but couldn’t find one that was this easy.  Does anyone else have a site they use??

The best is there is a few second delay.  SO right now my youngest daughter is sticking her hand under the camera and then running to see it on the computer.....

3.  Ducks Can Have Are Freebie

Well with all of the rain we are getting this weekend, it is a great day for ducks!  Here is a Friday Freebie for you!  Click here to grab it FREE!


Freebie Fridays


4.  Teaching Blog Roundup

My new collaborative  blog, www.teachingblogroundup.com is up and running.  There have been several great post this week.  I love meeting all of the new partner bloggers.  If you haven’t checked it out yet, it is a must!!! 



5.  A Better Day

Today was a much better day!  (Well at least 90% of it!) It has been a tough week to say the least.  However today we made it through most of our day with fewer meltdowns and interruptions.  We made it to the last 30 minutes of the day.  I am still excited to have Saturday and Sunday!

I'm off to blog hop!  I love looking through the links at Five for Friday to see what everyone is up to.  I have found some of my favorites. 

7 comments:

  1. It is so cool that you are hatching ducks in your room! It makes me want to sit and watch your stream to wait for them to hatch haha!

    Ashley
    K-3 Connection

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so exciting waiting for the ducks to hatch! We had butterflies last year and they all emerged when the kids weren't there - one was just 10 minutes too early =( I just checked out your egg cam - so cool!

    Casey
    Lifelong Learners in Prep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our first grade class has done chick-hatching for years and invite us to come look. Those fluffy chicks are the cutest! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to do chicks next year!! My kiddos would LOVE it!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're hatching ducks?! That is so neat! We are on day 11 for our chicks! I love teaching life cycles :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Our special ed teachers had chicks last year and it was so much fun!

    Sarah
    Learning is for Superstars
    Learning is for Superstars is on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...