Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Fun Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's Day!  I had Valentine's Day related activities at all of the Super Six centers.  The kids enjoyed them and it was still routine enough to stop them from going off the deep end.  My hubby delivered roses to me in class and the students loved meeting the Mr. Eric they hear so much about. Here are some pics from our fun filled day.
 The students made adorable fish with hearts.  The had so much fun just making a craft for fun!  It seems with all of the added rigor in First Grade there is very little time for crafts and fun.  Well today we took time out and had a little fun!
 We made very cute heart sun catchers with this foam craft kit.  I loved how my teaching partner described them!

"These things are just like IKEA furniture, cheap and cute but a pain to put together!"

 A few fun word work activities!  ABC order and a word search!  We even used red pens to do them!
 We made our own ice cream sundaes for and extra sweet treat!  I think there were more toppings than ice cream in most bowls!
 For our math we had a sweetheart of a time!  With this worksheet (click here to grab it free) we practiced ten frames, place value, tally marks, addition, odd/even and missing part.  It was even fun!  Then we turned the paper over and used the hearts to "read it, write it, eat it!"

With all of this fun, I want to know what the kids liked best.  So I made this writing paper for the students to let me know what their favorite part of the day was.  Click here and get your copy!

Happy Valentine's Day!  I sure hope the kids don't eat candy for breakfast tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. WOW you guys look like you had so much fun. The Ikea comment is such a PERFECT way to describe those crafts. I'm hosting a linky for people to share their Valentine's Day pictures, I'd love for you to link up this post if you have time. Enjoy your weekend.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream sundaes... what a treat!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...