Monday, September 9, 2013

Student Self Assessment Freebie

Happy Monday!  I am slowly but surely making my way through my to-do list.  I am super excited to have finished my classroom signs for student self-assessment!

This year we have moved to a Marzano scale of 1,2,3,4 for our report cards.  A part of the teacher evaluation tool our district uses looks at students ability to self-assess.  At first I was like "What the heck are my firsties suppose to do, write their own test or make up an assignment??  Then grade it themselves?"  That is just crazy!

Well I got to thinking about the 1,2,3,4 scale we are using and BAM!  I figured I could use the numbers to assess their understanding of learning throughout the day.  I taught them the what each of the numbers represent.  Now I simply ask them "On a scale of 1-4, what is your understanding?"  Then the most amazing thing happens!  18 hands pop up quietly with a number and I can quickly scan to see how they think they are doing.

I put together these cute posters for a visual for my kiddos.  (Honestly, it is a reminder for me to have them check for understanding!  I also figure it will look good to have posted in my room!)







If you would like these posters for your room free, click here to hop over to my TpT store and grab them!

Hope you (and I) have a great week!!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...