Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday Five and a Freebie

Happy Friday!  It has been a pretty good week!  I hope you had a great week too!  It is Friday so I am sharing 5 things!

1. Is there a cure for rolling eyes???

I have a soon to be 12 year old daughter who apparently is perfect and knows everything!  I am really surprised her eyes have not rolled out of her head.  I wish there was an eye drop that would prevent the eyes from rolling.  Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter dearly!  However living with a 6th grader reminds me why I teach K/1!

2. My eggs are cookin'!

My eggs are looking great!  Today is day 12, almost half way there for my ducks!  Out of the 14 eggs, 11 were good!   Here is a peek inside, it is amazing how much they grow in just a day or two.
I have to share a funny with you.  One of the students from a class also doing eggs went home to tell their parents about the eggs in the "exterminator".  He said his class was "exterminating" eggs and he thinks they are chicks. 

3.  I found new cute clip art!

I will admit I have a problem and love collecting clip art.  One of my favorites is the clip art at www.mycutegraphics.com!  Not only is this clip art amazingly cute, but it is free too!  Laura Strickland now has a new premium graphics site with higher resolution clips.  She also has new kids that are adorable!  You can check them out at www.whimsyclips.com

4. Earth Day with the Lorax!

Earth Day is Monday and I love reading the Lorax on Earth Day!  It is one of my favorite books to read on Earth Day.  What is your favorite book to read while celebrating Earth Day?

5.  Earthworms!!!

Next week we are going to learn about earthworms.  This week we did the KW of our KWL chart about earthworms.  It turned out sooooo cute!
I am learning so much about these interesting little guys.  I can't wait to get down and dirty as we learn about them next week.  I have so many great things planned and will share them with you all this week!

Here is a Friday Freebie for you!  Click here to grab this Earthworm Graphic Organizer and Writing Activity.


2 comments:

  1. Cute KWL chart about worms! On Earth Day I like to read Just a Dream by Chris Van Allsburg. Just found your blog! :)

    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the CUTEST KWL chart EVER! My daughter is only 3 but I can tell that our preteen and teen years are going to be FILLED with eye rolling and drama. She already is a major drama queen. Bless her heart. Love her to pieces. :)
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...