Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Fun, a Freebie and BIG News!

Today I am Happy, Happy, Happy!  (Yes, I admit I love Duck Dynasty!)  On today's Five for Friday I have some great things to share with you!

1. Teaching Blog Roundup

I have been working hard (with an amazing team of teaching bloggers) on my new collaborative blog www.teachingblogroundup.com and the first real post is up today!  Pop on by and check it out!  Find out about my plans for Mother's Day and grab a 10-page freebie from me!  Be sure to follow us so you won't miss a thing!  I am so excited about this and hope you enjoy it too!

2.  Meet Miss Phillips

Today was bring your child to work day.  Well I bring my girls to school with me everyday, but today my youngest daughter helped me teach.  (Apparently it was not cool enough for my 6th grader...)  She spent about half a day in the classroom and had a great time.  She was a big help too.

3.  Egg, Egg, Ducks???

My little eggs are still incubating.  I am so grateful that my amazing custodian has started turning them at night so I don't have to go back up to school every night!  When we candled the eggs today we could see their little beaks/ bills.  The kids still aren't sure if they are chickens or ducks.  We have come to the conclusion that if they hatch Monday or Tuesday they must be chicks, but if they don't we must have ducks.  Of course I know our little quackers will be here in a week from Monday (hopefully)!

4.  We are Worm Farmers!

Today we make worm farms for our earthworms.  This project was a great tie together for Earth Day!  We reused many things to make environments for our earthworms.  We also added food scraps for them to compost.  I highly recommend doing this for your class!  I can't wait to watch these worms and my students observing them.

First I showed the class how to make one and then put them in teams to have them work together (in most cases) to make their own.  They loved it and I think our worms are happier here than in their bait cups!  (After we are finished watching them, we will release them!)

5.  It's Friday Freebie Time!

I am busy preparing my kids for the upcoming GRADE and put together a letter reading comprehension passage and questions.  Click here to grab it.

Freebie Fridays

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Could you elaborate on how you made the worm farm? It looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love take your child to work day! It is so fun to see how excited the kiddos get! We found you through Five for Friday and would love it if you stopped by sometime!
    Katie & Lisen
    Second Grade Smartypants

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that your daughter joined you at work! :) I bet your students LOVED it!! Did your kids freak out with the worms? I think some of my little ones would refuse to touch them! LOL! So glad I found your blog!
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...