Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Eggs Arrived and a Freebie

Yay!!!  I was so excited when my eggs came in the mail! (Well not really MY eggs.)  I love hatching eggs with my class each year.  This year I wanted to hatch Flying Mallard ducks.  My parents have them at their pond, so I can keep them close and watch them grow.  This was the first year I have ordered the eggs and had them shipped to me.  All the way to Florida from Louisiana! This is how they arrived.





I now am the Mommy to 14 duck eggs.  Although I have not told my class what the eggs are.  They think I just ordered hatching eggs online.  We brainstormed a list of all the possible animals could hatch from the eggs.  I love seeing the variety of animals the students think will hatch.  I have a mini-unit on hatching eggs that is great to use with your class if you are hatching eggs.

In math, we are covering measurement and comparing sizes.  Here is a quick freebie I used for a comparing sizes quiz.  Click here to grab it.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the predicting activity that you used to go along with the "mystery" eggs. It's great that you have a ready-made home for the ducklings once they hatch.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...