Friday, January 18, 2013

Five for Friday

My very first Five for Friday!

Five for Friday {Linky Party…January 18th}

fiveforfriday

1.  The week started out with a wonderful relaxing day at the beach in January with my 2 girls.  They were even crazy enough to get in the water.  I can't wait for it to warm up more.  I LOVE my beach days!



2.  Tuesday I enjoyed a field trip with Taylor and her class.  They had so much fun.  My daughter has a tendency to say some pretty air headed things on occasion.  I call them her air bubbles that just pop sometimes.  While touring the Kennedy Space Center and seeing the spacesuit from the Mercury Missions she says "Cool Mom!  Come look at the suit they wore when they landed on Mercury!"  I have to love her!


3.  We are ending our 2nd nine weeks and I just found out my daughters both have straight A's!  Apparently she wasn't tested on the Mercury Missions!  I am so proud of my girls!  I may have started out as their teacher, but they teach me so much everyday.  I will also completely attribute the best parts of my teaching skills are directly related to what I have learned from them!

4.  Last night I went to our county's Teacher of the Year awards to support our schools Teacher of the Year and a very dear friend.  She won!!!!!  Mrs. Colleen Newman, a very deserving and amazing colleague, friend and former teacher of my child.
5.  Today we had a teacher workday and we actually got to work in our rooms!  No meetings!!!  I even graded papers during paid hours.  Unbelievable!  We also have Monday off!  WooHoo!!!

I hope this isn't too boring to read, I really makes me realize, it was a pretty good week.  I am working on a few units and freebies this weekend.  Sorry I have nothing to share today, but look out for some great things soon!  I hope you had a great week too!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! I loved your Five for Friday, it wasn't boring. I use these to find other blogs to follow and other teachers to get to know. I love that I am becoming part of an internet teaching community! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog. I also teach first grade in Flagler County. I find your blog very helpful and refreshing. This is my 26th year teaching and I am still always looking for new ideas. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...