Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I survived the first day back and a Freebie!

I am excited to have survived the first day back after break.  I even managed to ride my bike stationary bike before school and walk after school!  Woo Hoo!!!  I am proud of me, although very exhausted.

The "All About My Holiday Break" writing is going great.  The kids were so excited to share.  We worked together in pairs sharing verbally what we did, our favorite gifts and who we spent time with.  After sharing with our partner and having it fresh in our minds, we went back and filled in our graphic organizers.  I helped fix spelling on the graphic organizer, so hopefully we won't have as many errors in our writing. If you didn't get the Freebie earlier in the week, grab it here.  Download the preview.  

I also have a few more things to go with it in the zip file.  (I fixed a few minor layout problems I noticed when I printed it out.  So if you got the pack earlier, grab the update. )  My students worked on their Keynote presentations in technology using the templates.  A few students finished theirs and got to share it with the class today.  The remaining students are not excited to finish theirs so they can present to the class.  They even got to use my iPad with the board to present.  (Look for more details on how to link your iPad and board coming soon!)

Several people were asking about my monthly beginning book reports.  I was hoping to finish January, February and March to bundle but January got here before I finished all three!  I did finish my January Beginning Book Report.  Student will make a snowman story map (a Snowmap!) using paper plates.  I can not wait to see these and hang them from my ceiling.


My snowman theme continues...  Here is a cute Snowman Subtraction worksheet for you.  Enjoy!

Hope you either had a great day back or are enjoying the last of your break!

2 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower and have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Hop on over to my blog for the details. If you have already been nominated just let me know. I will totally understand!

    Your blog is adorable! Welcome to blogging!

    Renee :)
    Check out my blog
    http://fantasticfirstgradefroggies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on Pintrest! It is a Snow Day for me, so I'm doing lots of surfing. Thank you for sharing. I'm your newest follower!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...