Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm in Love!

I'm in love with a pencil sharpener!  As I have mentioned before, I hate pencils!!!  It never fails, broken pencils that need to be sharpened always seem to interrupt teachable moments!  I have tried all kinds of sharpeners.  The old-school sharpener mounted to the wall, individual hand held sharpeners and a wide variety of electric sharpeners.


Still nothing worked like I wanted!  Even if the sharpener worked, it seemed the pencils broke right away.  I remembered reading about a pencil sharpener earlier in blog land that people seemed to love.  Looks were deceiving, I thought this looks like the hold-school sharpener just in a fancy color.  I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw the great price!  I had spent so much on previous sharpeners thinking they would solve all of my issues; and they didn't.  I figured what do I have to lose and I decided to give it a try!

When my kids called to tell me a box was just delivered I was so excited!  It was like Christmas.  I couldn't wait to open it up and try it.  It took me a few minutes to get the hang of it (I should have watched the video below first!) but then wow!  I sharpened every pencil I had at home.


When I took it in to school the next day it was a teacher workday.  I showed to all the teachers on my team and you should have seen how excited everyone was, over a pencil sharpener.  Several of my team went on right away to buy their own.  I also added my name to mine so it wouldn't walk away!

The kids thought it was amazing.  Now they make sure they have their 2 pencils sharpened at the beginning of the day an we are all good.  My pencil problems have pleasantly disappeared thanks to this little guy!
 

7 comments:

  1. I am supposed to get my sharpener this week to do a review too! I can't wait to use it!!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely ogling yours :) Congratulations on your new sharpener!

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo...LOVE the orange color!! I have a green one!! I LOVE mine!!

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me
    ”Dots” of Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really amazing! My only hope is that they make one soon for fat Kindergarten pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK. I am taking your advice. I can't stand the sharpener I have, and it was so expensive. I can't wait to try your recommendation.

    http://mrgisosroomtoread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to get our PTO to buy them for our school!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...