Thursday, March 21, 2013

3D Shape Chickadee Freebie

Woo Hoo!  One more day (18 hours) until my Spring Break!!!  I'm not sure who is more excited; my kids, my students or me!  I have so much I hope to accomplish over break, I just really hope I can make it happen.  If I'm lucky I can even find a little relax time too!
 
Today we water color painted paper eggs.  Using my magic white crayon I even made secret shapes appear.  They were thrilled to do it themselves.  We used this for a quick lesson on absorption and properties of wax.   (I have a hard time doing a craft in class if it isn't tied in to learning, so I am getting my mileage out of this project.)  Then I gave the kids an index card and had them describe their eggs.  The students set in a circle holding their eggs as I read the clues.  The class had a great time guessing which egg I was talking about.  Tomorrow we will glue these eggs to the Easter/ Spring cards we will be writing.

My week of freebies continues with this color by code 3D Chickadee.

The students must break the color code by figuring out the 3D shapes with the clues about it's attributes.  This is a great 3D shapes review and a fun Spring time project.  Click here to grab it.

My week long blog birthday celebration has 2 days left!  Did you enter the giveaway?  Don't forget to check this weeks posts and grab the freebies?  My $1 sale on everything in my TpT and TN store is on until midnight Saturday, March 23rd.

Fun in K/1 Birthday

4 comments:

  1. I love your freebie... so cute!!! Thanks a million.

    Cindy
    Just found your blog through Freebie Fridays. Love your character clues worksheet. Thanks for a great freebie.

    I'm your newest follower. Feel free to stop by my place anytime!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great freebie! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. Your blog has made me so positive about teaching especially in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. If you saw some of our schools you see how much inspiration like this is needed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...