Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Random Things Thursday

I made these adorable truffla tree cupcakes last year.  They were so easy!  The trees are pretzel sticks and the bottom half of bunny "Peeps".  (It was actually the first photo I ever pinned.)  Now if I can think of what to do with all of the bunny peep heads!

Speaking of bunnies...  Would you like some bunny poop?  My kids love bunny poop!!!  (a.k.a. colored mini-marshmallows)  I use them as a quick little treat for positive reinforcement.  I know food treats are frowned upon, but I only give them one and it is mostly air right!  I like using mini-marshmallows as treats because they eat them quickly.  They don't have to get up to put a token away or have anything to hold and play with.

A quick freebie for you!  I have been sending home weekly fluency practice for students.  I find fluency passage from various places.  This is a topper I use when I copy the fluency passages.  It has directions for parents and a place to record the time and errors over 4 days.  The students like racing against their times and seeing their reading improve.  Click here to grab your copy.

2 comments:

  1. Love the fluency topper. Thanks so much!!! It's a great idea that is just simple enough for me to use with students for homework, and yet packs a powerful punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes are adorable! You can always use the bunny heads for 'smores. Thanks for the cute cupcake idea.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School
    Win Educational Games Worth $65 Give Away

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...