Monday, March 18, 2013

"Egg"citing Activities & Centers

There are several "egg"citing things going on in my class this week!  The possibilities are endless with those cheap little plastic eggs.  Here are a few things we are doing!  I also have a great FREEBIE for you too, the recording sheets for the center activities.

 We planted grass seeds in these little "egg heads".  (I just they grow!)  I glued them together with glue dots and had the kids decorate them with a marker.



I found these adorable little carrots that go together like plastic eggs.  On one side I had a contraction, and the other side the two words that make up the contraction.  The kids love "picking the carrots" and making the match.


 "Egg"cellent compound words!  The kids make matches and record their new words on the recording sheet.


 Endless addition practice with these eggs.  Mix and match and record your answers.  You can even fill the eggs with the sum. 


 Word work is so much fun with these little eggs.  Put letter tiles in the egg and let the kids build the words.  Either write the words on the eggs, or let them figure it out.



They are great for word family practice as well. 

Click here for the recording sheets I use with these activities.  I also plan to use them after Easter too, who says I can't???


Thanks for stopping by this week during my celebration!  If you haven't checked out my giveaway, click below.  Also stop back by tomorrow for another great freebie!

Fun in K/1 Birthday

5 comments:

  1. Aaah! I am pinning this like crazy! Thanks for such cute ideas!

    Hugs!
    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Irene. Hope your kiddos enjoy!

      Delete
  2. These ideas are so fun! I definitely like those metallic words with the letter tiles inside. Perfect to set up in a literacy center with the week's spelling words. Thanks for your inspiration.

    Rich from
    Mr. Giso's Room to Read
    http://mrgisosroomtoread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ideas! Just wondering where the plastic carrots (that snap together like eggs) came from? Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...