Sunday, March 17, 2013

Test Encouragement Freebie

One more week and then Spring Break!!!  I am excited, but I really hope my kids have not caught Spring Fever.  I tried the beach today and used my towel as a blanket as I watched my crazy girls surf and boogie board.
It is also the end of the grading period for us this week.  With all of the various bugs going around school, I have had students out sick... which leads to the dreaded make-up assignments!  Make-up tests are the worst, especially in K/1.  With some of the assessments being read to the students, it is hard to find the time to make them up.  I wish I had some great wisdom to share with you on how to make this easy, but truth be told I have nothing!  Have you found a way to make it easier or somewhat efficient?  What do you do if a student misses and entire week, do you still give the weekly assessment?

Speaking of tests, The Big Test is coming and we all need a little encouragement.  This week I am sharing a freebie everyday, so here it is! 

This file includes directions, 3 different designs for cute water bottle labels and 3 encouragement cards.  I make these for my students during our big standardized test in May.  I like to have something special on their desk each day they come in.  If your lucky, you will have a class parent or two that will help you put them together.  My girls are in 3rd and 6th and take the feared and dreaded FCAT, so I put these together for their classes too.  Last year my daughters classes loved them.  If you need more motivational cards I have a pack with many more called Sweet Motivation Cards for Test Days.

In case you haven't heard, I have big sale and giveaway going on this week.  All of the items in my teacher stores are $1 in honor of my 1st blog birthday.  You can also enter to win some great prizes.  Click the button below to read more about it.
Fun in K/1 Birthday

If you are on Spring Break, I hope you enjoy it immensely.  If you still have another week like me, I hope time flies!
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

11 comments:

  1. I really like this idea because, new this year, each K-2 class at my school is adopting a 3-6 class for the SBA tests in April. We're supposed to do nice things for our adopted "big kids" to encourage and motivate them. Unfortunately I wasn't able to open it (something about Adobe not working) :( But I did click on the link to your TPT packet and will probably buy that and use it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! Maybe we can try this at my school too.

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through Maniac Mondays. Thanks for the freebie. I LOVE your blog template... So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these - they are TOO CUTE! I cannot wait to use them with my kiddos.
    We're knee-deep in testing prep as we speak...err type :) This will brighten their day on testing day!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would be fun to give to older students at our school. Very cute and well made! Thank you for sharing!
    Tamra
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamra, heading over to see you at First Grade Buddies now.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Julie, love The Techie Teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...