Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I'm Going on a Book Hunt

Happy Wednesday!  Only 2 more days until Spring Break!!!  I am planning to catch up on work over break of course, but at least I can do it on my schedule.

Today in class we read our weekly reading story in their reading text.  We also used our Social Studies book and read a few pages.  It amazes me how long it still takes kids to find the right page!  So I thought my kiddos could use a little practice with this.  I made up this printable to use with any text book to practice this skill.  (Yes, I am a bit obsessed with the little detectives!)

I left the page numbers blank so you can fill it in with the pages that correlate with the text book you are using.  (However, fill it in BEFORE you copy a class set.  Yes, I have learned from doing this more than once.)  Along with practicing finding pages in a book, it will also addresses the Common Core Print Concepts standards.  When we return from Spring Break we will start a new reading unit and this will be perfect to become familiar with our new books.  Click here to grab your copy.

A few more days left in my birthday week celebration!  I am so excited about how much my blog is growing!  Thank You!!

Fun in K/1 Birthday

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great freebie! What a great (and fun) way to practice print concepts.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! It makes what could be a boring lesson a fun activity!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...