Sunday, March 3, 2013

Reading Celebration

I gearing up for great week.  I just hope it doesn't make the kids too crazy. 

We kicked off the celebration Friday night with a family Seuss Celebration.  There were several guest readers; even the Grinch showed up to read!  We had a Cat in the Hat magician wow and amaze the kids with silly tricks.  One of our most popular guests was Yertle the Turtle.  We had a huge tortise in the library for the kids to see.  (This was great until it peed on the library floor!)

We are also having spirit dress up days.  Monday is Fox in Socks, crazy socks day.  We are also having Lorax mustache day, Wacky Wednesday wacky hair day, Hat day and my favorite relax and read in your PJ's day! 

This week all of my Super 6 centers will be Seuss based.  In word work we will be searching for rhyming words in some of our favorite stories.  The writing center will have some silly response to readings.  Questions will be:  Would you let the Cat in the Hat into play?  I do so like green eggs and ham, but I do not like....  I wish I had... (response to one of my favorite Seuss books "I wish I had Duck Feet.")  Click here to grab the printables I'm using.
Check back this week as I share all of the fun going on in my class.

This freebie with many other great freebies will be featured on Classroom Freebies Manic Monday!  Check it out.
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

5 comments:

  1. I clicked on the 'here' but it didn't take me to a download. I LOVE the collecting rhyming word activity though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, I just fixed the link. Sorry, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dr. Suess activities! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I might just use one of these on Thursday when our kindergarten Book Buddies join our 3rd grade classroom for half an hour.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...