Saturday, March 2, 2013

Shape Up with the Cat!

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!  To celebrate his birthday I have a freebie for to share.  We made this very cute Cat in the Hat with shapes.  (We are covering geometry in math right now.)  The kids had a great time with it.  I did not tell them what we were making.  First I described the shapes I wanted them to color using the shape's attributes.  Then we cut and glued the shapes.  (A much needed lesson and practice with following directions.)  The students loved the finished product.

We followed up with reading the classic "The Cat in the Hat" book to kick off our Seuss celebration!  The cats look great in the hallway.  We will pair it with a book response writing.
Click here to grab the activity to make it with your class!

It is hard to believe it is already March.  In Florida, it is coming in like a Lion!  It is so windy and is going to freeze tonight!  I finished my beginning book report for March and posted it in my TpT and TN shops.  This months home project is making a story kite.  I can't wait to get them back in and hang them in my room.  The packet includes everything you need to just copy it and send home.  It has the parent instructions, printables and scoring rubric all ready for you!




2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I am going to have so much fun with my firsties making this cat.

    faithfulinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cats are just TOO cute! It looks like they all turned out great.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School
    Win Educational Games Worth $65 Give Away

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...