Monday, March 25, 2013

DIY Table Top Easel

I wanted table top easels for my student's center task cards.  I also wanted them to be easy to change and cheap!  I had a great idea to make them with a binder and duck tape.  So I set to work making them and taking pictures of all the steps to share with you.

First I took a cheap binder with the 3-rings mounted to the back cover, so it opens and folds back flat.  I folded it back bent the cover to be even with the other cover.  I also taped the top part together.  Then I made a sheet with duck tape making a base for the easel.  It didn't take long and turned out pretty well.

OK I was thinking and came up with a way easier way to accomplish this same goal!  

I took the "economic" super cheap binder with the 3-rings mounted to the binder.  I then clipped a binder clip in the middle of the front and back cover.  I used ribbon to tie the binder clips together to the binder would stand by itself.  When you aren't using it you can unclip one of the clips and close it for easy storage.  I think this option is much easier!

Here are a few writing center cards for you to use on these easels.

6 comments:

  1. So clever and handy! Thanks for the idea!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really going to make these easels. This is great! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea. I knew I was buying cheep notebooks for something! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. i use the clip idea in my class, with colored tape for the different groups, i also used different ribbons. fun! thx for posting

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah! congrats! i'm follower #300!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea. Please use bigger photos though. ;)
    Jule

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...